Viking Broad Sword
Product Name:A.Viking Broad Sword
SKU: A.AH3146, B.AH3145
- A: Viking Broad Sword
- EN45 Spring Steel blade with fuller
- full single piece tange
- short guard and large Viking knot pommel are both made from blackened steel
- hilt features a leather wrapping
- Over all length 36"
- Blade length 29.5"
- Blade with at widest 2.5"
- leather covered wooden, ringed sheath is included.
- B: Viking Dagger
- companion piece to the Viking Broad Sword
- EN45 Spring Steel
- hilt and pommel are of blackened steel
- Overall Length: 19 5/8
- Blade: 13 3/4
- Weight: 1 lb 8 oz
- Edge: Blunt
- P.O.B.: 2 5/8
- Thickness: 4.8 mm-4.5 mm
- Width: 46.2 mm
- Grip Length: 4 1/8
- A: The sword blade is broad in width and crafted entirely in EN45 carbon spring steel. The edges are straight, with a slight angle that makes the blade a bit narrower near the tip than at the waist, while it still comes a rounded point, making this blade a more pronounced cutting and cleaving weapon. The short guard and large Viking knot pommel are both made from blackened steel, while the hilt features a leather wrapping, to ensure its comfort and solid grip. Given its full-tang construction and hardy steel make, this sword is perfect for light combat and reenactment, as well as for carrying and display. It comes complete with a wooden, leather wrapped scabbard. Over all length 36", Blade length 29.5", Blade with at widest 2.5". A handsome leather covered ringed sheath is included.
- B: The Viking dagger or called the seax, was the universally carried knife in Northern Europe by the Saxons, Angles, Vikings and Germanic tribes. This dagger dates back to before the fall of Rome onto the Middle Ages. They were commonly used for cutting and fighting if a sword or axe was not available. This version is made of hand-forged hand forged using EN45 Spring Steel and includes a refined leather scabbard. The hilt and pommel are of blackened steel. The wooden grip is tightly wrapped with brass wire that has been partially blackened. Overall Length: 19 5/8 Blade: 13 3/4, Weight: 1 lb 8 oz, Edge: Blunt, P.O.B.: 2 5/8, Thickness: 4.8 mm-4.5 mm
Width: 46.2 mm, Grip Length: 4 1/8
end of 8th- to mid-11th-century Europe
Viking swords displayed at the Wikingermuseum in Haithabu.