Product Name:Charioteer Helmet
- A replica of this helmet was made famous by the female charioteer in the movie Gladiator.
- hand made 18 gauge brass, round top, visor-less helmet, with rivet reinforcement
- single black horse hair tassel in a conical brass base
- mildly curved back for neck protection
- sides of the helmet are rigid and stiff, while the face is left fully exposed and open.
This stunning replica based on the film Gladiator, features a highly polished rounded riveted brass helmet with a conical based black horse hair tassel
Origins of gladiators and the gladiator games are still in question. In the late 1st century BC, Nicolaus of Damascus believed they were Etruscan. A generation later, Livy wrote that they were first held in 310 BC by the Campanians in celebration of their victory over the Samnite.
the female charioteer in the movie Gladiator